702 Cathedral Street
The building at 702 Cathedral Street, often referred to as the Christian Science Building, was built in 1847. In 1856, the building was purchased by William T. Albert who hosted President Abraham Lincoln on his visit to Baltimore in April of 1861.
The Third Church of Christ Scientist bought the building in 1924 and converted it to a house of worship with reading rooms, music halls and a 250-seat auditorium with a Moeller pipe organ, which is still in working order.
In 1997 the building was acquired for Agora’s use and underwent massive renovations, including upgrades of plumbing and electrical systems. In addition, a domed skylight with hand-painted Italian glass was fully restored and is now the crowning detail of the dramatic staircase.
This building is currently home to NewMarket Health, the Communications Department, and IT.