16 West Madison Street
Built around 1835, 16 W. Madison is the newest addition to Agora’s cluster of historic Baltimore mansions. While 16 W. has no major additions to speak of, the mansion received major renovations in the late 1970’s.
The three-story brick building has had nine known owners including 19th century land investors, coal businessmen, attorneys and Baltimore City engineers. Its residential days ended in 1953 when a town house realty corporation moved in and eventually sold the building to a venture capital company in 1982.
Agora has gone great lengths to renovate 16 West to a modern office setting and state-of-the-art studio for its financial subsidiary, Money Map Press.